Today's Challenge Card:
"You find 125 pennies in a jar. This is your lucky day. Take the pennies to a grocery store to buy a treat."
After some investigation, this one turned out to be a success.
Upon consulting with three different employees at the grocery store (the first checkout clerk brought some people in for a second opinion), I confirmed that a jar of coins that are no longer in circulation is still an acceptable form of payment. They would prefer that the coins be rolled to speed up counting, but buying coin rolls would eat up my whole treat budget!
Once I knew I had the money to spend, the next step was weighing out candy on the out of tune analog scale in the bulk section.
I can confirm that, at $0.79 per kilogram, you can purchase 24 chocolate macaroons for 125 pennies.
To learn more about the Week of Action Against Poverty, check out Making Kenora Home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.